Thursday, February 18, 2010

A work story...

So it's been awhile since I've shared a fun work story with everyone...  I think today should be that day! 

I work in the kids section and today a little girl was there with her dad just shopping around to find a present for her mom.  The dad picked out the book he wanted and then made the mistake of having a peek in the kids section.  While there, the little girl saw a book with a necklace that she just KNEW Mom HAD to have!!!  She kept telling dad over and over and over how much her mom needed it!  It really sounded like a life or death situation.  I almost wanted to run over and give the girl some money so she could get this for her mom!

Now I've worked in this section since last October or November, and you'd be surprised how many kids get what the want after enough begging.  (Well maybe you wouldn't, but I always am.)  I thought for sure this little girl was going to be win this arguement...  But kudos to dad.  The little girl had to put the book away, with promises that it would make a very nice birthday present for her when her birthday came along.  I'm sure the little girl won't remember... she probably forgot about it before she even made it home, but I sure hope dad doesn't. 

Kids!  What can you do?!?  :)

No comments: