Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunset Sunday

I love to laugh!
Ha ha ha!
Loud and long and clear!
I love to laugh!
Ha ha ha!
So that everybody can hear!!!

I really do love to laugh so much! It just makes you feel good. You can't be sad once you get laughing. And even if you try to get back in your foul mood... the giggles bring you right back up again.

And I'm someone who has MANY laughs. Depending on the occasion. I giggle when I'm nervous or excited. I also cackle when something strikes me as funny and I'm not expecting it. And I do mean CACKLE! And then I have my everyday laugh, that is usually coming out of my mouth.

Just recently, my friend Trevor told me I also have an awkward laugh... when things are awkward and I'm trying to lighten the mood. Or it's not really funny, but I feel like someone has to laugh. A few others agreed with that. It's not bad, just another one of the variety.

I also have a fake laugh... not one I'm doing when something isn't really funny (It's very rare when I don't find something funny!) but a laugh that is fake, and just feels good to do. It's almost like a nerd laugh. Way back in your throat and more when you are breathing in. It sounds ridiculous, but I can usually get people laughing when I do it. So not only does it feel physically good, it's helping emotionally too. I often worry it might someday come out as my real laugh... but I guess I won't worry about that till it happens.

Another fun laugh option is something Kristyn and I used to do in High School. You sit on a couch backwards and let your head hang off the side of the couch. Then you just start laughing. It feels so weird that soon your fake laughing is real laughing. Be cautious with this though because you do get light headed. But it also feels pretty good. It's silly if nothing else.

So yay for laughing! I think you should all try doing some of it right now! It's easy, free and contagious. You'll love it!!!

Here's something to get you started:


No comments: