Monday, September 28, 2009

Memory Monday

I'm going to make Mondays all about my fun memories! And chances are pretty good that you will all be involved at some point or another... Yay you! :)

This first memory only happened a few weeks ago, but it's a funny story that I forgot I wanted to share with everyone. It's one of MANY of my crazy, embarrassing moments. It's really not that embarrassing, but if you know me at all, embarrassing moments are an every day occurrence for me. It's just life, and I actually like it. It gives me something lovely to laugh the day away at. And as most of you also know, I can go on and on about something all day long.

So this funny memory happened at the bookstore.

I have to preface this story by telling you that we have an intercom system at the store. To call someone we just hit the intercom button and then the extension for whatever area we want. My lunch time was coming up and so I jumped on to call up Jake to come and cover the registers for lunch. Well I THOUGHT that I was hitting the backroom number, only out of habit, I hit the over all store number. Now if I had just called his name, no big deal. I could have covered it up. But no, I can't do it that way. (Actually none of us at the bookstore do it that way.) I, of course, had to sing out his name, "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!" It wasn't till I was hitting the K that I realized I was singing it over the whole store. Luckily we weren't too busy at the time, and luckily I didn't call him a name. Everyone smiled and it was good times and of course I laughed about it all through my lunch.

So like I said before, this is just a typical moment in my life. But it was good times. Yay for being silly!

No comments: