Friday, September 18, 2009

My 6th Friday Fellow

Today's Friday Fellow is not only a favorite of mine, but of another favorite-- my Kaycee! In the past we've had long discussions about how I'm going to find him and marry him and live happily ever after. Not necessarily for me... but for her! (And whether or not this last sentence is true is up to you to decide.) ;)

So without further ado... I present to you Kaycee and Tammy's most favorite Friday Fellow:

JOSHUA JACKSON!!!!!!!!






Since the beginning of time (and by that I mean "Dawson's Creek", we were always on Team Pacey! Dawson who?!? And not only is he cute, but he's funny and sarcastic. Who doesn't love that?!? It's one of our favorites!

And what is even better about JJ is that I ACTUALLY got to meet him. In real life!!!

Here's what happened:




So as many of you know, I interned with David Letterman back in 2001. On a very "special episode" JJ was going to be a guest. Yay! Now from day 1, we were told that there was no meeting the guests or mingling of any sort. If you saw them, you could say a quick hello, but of course we had to be professional about it.


Now before you get too worried, I didn't go nuts and embarrass us all. But I WAS determined that I was going to meet Mr. Joshua Jackson! I mean c'mon! How could I not! I loved him THAT much!

Working in the audience department, I had become good friends with the security. Let me just tell you this is proof positive that you want to make friends with everyone and anyone you can! I went and told them my woes and pleas, and low and behold... my secret meeting with JJ was going to happen!

Not only did they sneak me into the green room to meet him, but they even took a picture of us for me! They are my most favorite guys ever!!! And we all swore each other to secrecy. (Of course now I can tell you... it was 8 years ago. Who's going to know?)

As I've stated previously on this blog- the picture is horrible, or I would post it on today's entry... but I have it and to me, it's lovely. And the memories are AMAZING! Yay. He was nice as nice can be. For the whole 2 minutes we talked... I'm pretty sure he let a tear drop fall when I had to leave as he realized he would probably never see me again.

Sure he's with that Diane girl now... the one who stars in movies with Brad Pitt, but I know deep down inside he's still wondering where that intern from David Letterman is. Maybe someday he'll run across my blog and hunt me down. If Kaycee and I have anything to do with it... it's a done deal! :)

So this Friday Fellow goes out to you Kayc! I love you dearly and hope you are doing well. Let's get together soon for a Dawson's Creek Marathon. OR we can watch some "Fringe"! (We can turn the sound off so you won't be scared!)

Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

Kaycee said...

Oh, how beautiful that man is!! Oh, oh, oh!!
I'm SOOOOO jealous you got to meet him, BUT he will be your husband one day, so I guess it's okay!!
Love you too!! :)

Jenny May McKim said...

Does he get anymore beautiful than the first photo in the orange sweater??? I really don't think so..