Thursday, November 19, 2009

The ABC's I'm thankful for...

Thanksgiving is next Thursday, as we all know, and so I'm going to tell the ABC's of what I'm thankful for. (I saw this on my friend Melissa's blog and thought it was pretty cool.)

America. I know everyone says it... but I don't think it's one of those 'thankfuls' that ever gets cliche. How can every single one of us not be thankful for our freedom and all that America gives us???

Books. Not only because they give me a job ;), but because they take me to so many places and help me take a break from life.

Co-workers. Really,sometimes I don't know how we would get through a day without each other.

Dessert. Sometimes you just have to have it before dinner. It just makes you feel good.

Each time I come home and Kitty greets me at the door. I know it's silly, but who doesn't want to feel welcome and wanted.

Family and friends... which in some cases are the same thing.

George Clooney. :) Just looking at him makes me happy. And why not. I'm a simple girl, with simple needs. It makes life easier!

Hot drinks... especially steamers! Mmmmm! They are yummy and make you feel all cozy and good inside when everything else is so cold.

Internet. E-mails. Blogs. Hulu! Sites that have celebrity gossip...

Journals. They not only allow you to say everything you want to say, but they are fun to look back on and see all the great AND ridiculous things you did. And all the crazy boys you liked!

Kitty. Which I know sounds silly... but she is my best company sometimes. She makes me laugh and listens so intently when I need to vent. With hardly any backtalk!

Libraries. All the free books you could want!

Movies. For two hours, or so, I can think of nothing else but someone else's life. Not that mine is so dramatic... but that's just it. Sometimes other's lives are so much more fun. Or scary, or sad, or whatever... But it's not my life, and so I don't have to think about it too much.

Night rides. There is something about driving/ riding in the night that makes everything so much clearer. And easier. And fun.

Ovens. Especially the microwave kind! ;)

Pictures. There is nothing better then looking back at adventures I've had. Such fun memories.

Quilts. So warm and cuddly. Especially when reading, or watching a movie, or when you find that just right spot when going to sleep.

Rain. It smells good. It's fun to play in (when it's not too cold.) It sounds relaxing. And storms are great to watch! And afterwards, it makes everything pretty.

Spaghetti and sandwiches. Two of my most favorite meals! Yum.

TV. It's where some of my loveliest friends live! ;)

Unicycles. They must make you feel brave and safe all at the same time.

Vacations. Sometimes so needed and necessary. Sometimes fun and necessary. Sometimes not necessary... but what great memories they make!!!

Watermelon. Just cause it's good.

Xylophones. Without them, I would never have been in Marching Band, therefore never had as much fun in High School as I did. Meeting Kristyn. And Heather. And then where would I be today???

You. You obviously must be awesome if you are reading my blog. I mean, you have me for a friend! ;) But really, the majority of you who read my blog mean a lot to me for some reason or another... and I'm very blessed to have so many good people in my life. From all over!

Zzzzzz... I stole it from Melissa, but it's true. Sometimes sleep is the most lovely thing out there. Ahhh.

2 comments:

M.S. said...

I like your list too! Also.... we need to figure out our lunch date! Text me!

Renee said...

Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to copy you and post a list like yours on my blog! Happy Thanksgiving!