Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunset Sunday

Sorry I missed the past two days... but sometimes my friends keep me out too late. With visions of hockey, IHop and Sushi in my head (not all at the same time mind you!) it's hard to do anything but go straight to bed. But isn't that better than just sitting at home writing on a blog??? I declare yes! And good times were had by us all.

But I'm here with you tonight... and I have a something for you to give some thought to this snowy winter's night. (Yay for soft fluffy snow... but NO carols yet!!!) :)

An elderly man in Florida had owned a large farm for several years. He had a large pond in the back. It was properly shaped for swimming, so he fixed it up nice with picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some orange and lime trees.

One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond; as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over. He grabbed a five- gallon bucket to bring back some fruit. Nearing the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he came closer, he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond. He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end. One of the women shouted to him, 'we're not coming out until you leave!' The old man frowned, 'I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the pond naked...' Holding the bucket up he said, 'I'm here to feed the alligator.'

Some old men can still think fast.

I hope we all can be fast thinkers when we're all grown up.

(I didn't say my Sunday thinking had to always be serious!) :)

Have a good week. And Happy Birthday Jonny and Maggie!

No comments: