Monday, October 19, 2009

Memory Monday

This memory goes out to Halloween and my longest-running friend... Kristyn Michelle Hensler Devine! We've known each other for 20 years now... longer than not knowing each other. What good times.


This one was SO scary the night it happened... and sometimes when I think about it... it still gives me a little shiver.


Kristyn lived out in a farm town in New York called Virgil when we were growing up. She lived on a farm and thus had PLENTY of lawn for us to camp out. One night we decided to sleep in the tent out in her front yard. I'm not even sure what frightened us to begin with. We weren't telling scary stories or had just finished a scary movie. I'm sure we were just talking about boys- one of our most favorite topics- that or New Kids On The Block. Probably how we were going to marry them. (Let me throw in that this story takes place when we were in like 10th or 11th grade.)


Well, suddenly Kristyn heard a sound outside and shushed me and herself right up. We just laid there and listened. I'm not sure if we really did hear anything... but we were freaked out enough that we were hearing everything. And while I can't prove it for sure, we were both POSITIVE that we saw a light go over the tent!!! We listened and listened, but still heard nothing.


Our fear now was how were we going to get back in to the house and not get caught by whatever monster or serial killer was out there!!! We did what every girl would do. We grabbed each other's hands and ran into the house at full speed. Remember now, we were just in her front yard and were probably not even 100 yards from her house. The worst thing that could have gotten us was a cow. But we made it inside, closed all the windows and doors and probably didn't get a very good sleep that night. It was the most scared I think we've ever been... well except that time we were running from the pizza guys, but that's a different story in itself! :)


Oh the good times. To this day we still don't know if there was anything there... but we did hear stories of how a killer with a hook was roaming the towns and scratching on car roofs. I'm sure that was it!


Stay tuned next Memory Monday when I tell you about the scariest night I ever had in college involving My Hi-D and Djinn! That one really was a yucky night...


Till then... Happy Halloween!!!

No comments: