Sunday, August 9, 2009

Little creative me...

I thought today I would share a little bit of the creative side of me... So I'm going to share a poem with you that I wrote.

Mary had a little lamb
It's fleece was white as snow...

Kidding! (Like you really thought I had written that...) :)

K, here's a real poem from me to you.

This is a poem I wrote many years ago based on a poem read in a certain movie. I'm kind of shy that I did it... but it was fun to do. Some of you may know who this goes to... but for those of you who don't- it was totally MacGyver! No really...


I hate the way you hair falls in your eyes,
I hate the way you think you give me butterflies,
I hate your voice, your laugh, your smile,
I hate the way your attention is on me for awhile.

I hate that you joke with me, even when it isn't funny,
I hate that you can make my cloudy days seem sunny,
I hate you looking at me when you do the things you do,
But most of all I hate the fact that I really don't hate you.

That's a first draft... as most of my poems are written. Someday I should go back and touch them all up. But, more often than not, I'm just writing them to get out my feelings at the time. Not necessarily that I'm planning on getting them published.

So there you go. A little part of me.

3 comments:

Kaycee said...

Oh, how I miss our writing times together! I am LOVING your blog... it makes me feel like we're hanging out again! I hate how funny you are, I hate that you eat jellybeans from a jar...
Just kidding... I'm not funny. Sorry. Keep this up... you are great!! :)

Mull Family said...

I just wanted to tell you that I love, love, LOVE your blog! Such a happy little adventure every day. And I know what movie your poem derived from. :-)

M.S. said...

I'm all caught up! Can't wait for more blogs!