Saturday, August 29, 2009

One Season and Holiday At A Time Please!

Sometimes I just don't understand... Well, that goes for a lot of things, but I have one in particular right now! ;)

How is it that we are seeing Halloween decorations IN AUGUST!!! For Pete's sake! It's not even fall yet and we're already seeing pumpkins and ghosts and sales on Halloween candy?!?

Don't get me wrong. I'm very excited for the fall to come. I love fall! It's my favorite season. Hurray for shorts and sweatshirt weather. Where there is a breeze that lightly blows your hair around and often you can smell rain in the air. I love it all! And I'm a HUGE fan of Halloween! If you've seen my decorations- you would know. Scary stories and music and movies... but no haunted houses please. I love it all.

But like everything, it has it's time and place. And August is not it. NOR is September. So don't think... "well there are only a few more days of August and then we can party!". NO NO NO! October 1st is soon enough. Halloween is the very last day of October, and I think we'll have enough time to celebrate during the month. 31 days to be exact.

So put away the leaves and get out the flip flops because Summer isn't over yet! Long live the Bermuda shorts!!! Woo hoo!

No comments: