Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Pact

I'm moving at the end of August. I found a great apartment on Capitol Hill with a bathroom who's walls look like a quilt. It's small, but I love it, and I CAN'T wait to get moved in there. As goes with moving, I've begun the long, tedious project of packing. Within this is a lot of time going through stuff. Stuff I had forgotten I even owned having lived in my current residence for the last 5 1/2 years. Stuff I'm not even sure why I kept in the first place!!! Granted, it's been very fun looking and remembering some of my treasures. For instance, I forgot all the little knick-knacks I kept on my desk at Excel when I worked there. I just went through the box and found funny pictures we had made and put up on the wall. One where BP had recut a "Work and the Glory II" poster which originally said "Every dream has a price", but this one now said "Every price has a dream!". This is a fun story for Excellians everywhere... and I'll leave it with them to remember.



While there are quite a few things I love and am keeping, like I said earlier, there is TONS I have no idea why I have. And being that my new bachelorette pad (do girls have those???) is much smaller, stuff needs to be gotten rid of. Some of this is very therapeutic, and some is a little sad. But it's a time for new beginnings and changes. And getting rid of old junk is just what I need right now. Maybe getting rid of some physical junk will help me rid of some other stuff too. Nothing serious, but I just think it's time for a new view out my window. And this place has a balcony!!! Woo hoo! And really... Kitty needs a new backyard to look at!



So here's my pact. We'll see how well I can keep it. I promise that I WILL NOT keep so much junk this time around. I'll be strong and throw things away unless they are THE most awesome items in the world. Or the funniest memories... c'mon, I can't change that much overnight.



In six months, I'll let you know how this goes.



Keep your fingers crossed...

2 comments:

Marcelina Moreno said...

I think it's a great plan, I can't wait to see the pictures of the new place!

M.S. said...

Everything that has a memory... like the silly things you just found... suggestion: Take a picture of it all... and then toss the junk. You have a picture that reminds you of it and it takes less space.

Congrats on the new move.... does this mean you are heading more south? Like it is SO FAR!!!!