Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Little Of Me Here... A Little Over There

One of the down parts of moving is that for a couple of days you're whole life is in two parts. I have some of me still in Bountiful and a little bit in Salt Lake City. And the worst of it is... right now I'm pretty much ALL in boxes!

Just a few minutes ago I wanted to cut a hangnail. Simple really. Just get the nail clippers and done and done. The problem? I have NO idea where the nail clippers are??? I have a few boxes I THINK they are in... but is a hangnail worth the effort of digging and digging through everything? After days and days of packing and cleaning, I'm afraid the answer, at least for me, is no.

The good news is, after a long day of cleaning and packing, everything that should be in a box, basically is. And everything that should be cleaned, done and done. I still have a little vacuuming to do and a quick mop of the kitchen... but basically, old house is done! Yay! Tomorrow we are going to be focusing on starting to get the new house put together. I don't have a SINGLE box unpacked yet. Blast! But I think this is going to be the fun part. Now I can decide where I want everything to go. At least for me that's fun. Or at least it seems like it's going to be fun right now... Hmmmm... I'll let you know in a couple of days. :)

In other news... I think Kitty is getting suspicious that something is up. She's been fine the last few days, but today she was hissing up a little storm and yelling at me like she was pretty pissed at the world. She keeps walking around sniffing everything and giving me the evil eye. Don't worry though. Her bark is WAY worse than her bite. And she wouldn't DARE do anything to her mommy!!! I'm sure when it's bedtime she'll grudgingly climb up and cuddle.

For now... she's sniffing and I'm getting ready to watch something mindless... anyone have any suggestions of something wonderful I don't have to think about?

3 comments:

Mull Family said...

If only you lived closer to me, I would have brought you my nail clippers. I think packing up a house to move is a horrible thing.. .but I am with you, I kind of like the idea of unpacking and finding a place for everything. I guess it gets a little old and tiring after days and weeks of doing it, but the idea is fun for me too. :-)

Sara Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy or Heidi Lee said...

Heidi Here, just wanted to give a big shout out to the word blast!!!! a great word used in any situation :)