Sunday, August 23, 2009

More of My Musings

So I thought I would share another poem with you that I wrote. I'm not sure the exact date I did this, but it was in one of my poetry classes while going to SUU. Being as I graduated in April of 2001... I believe this was probably written in 1999 or 2000. It's just more silly fun, but I hope you like it. (I think I need to take another writing class. I forgot how fun this all was.)

** Remember- this is just a first or second draft. Nothing polished.***

Prince Charming will come and take you away,
At least growing up, that's what I heard them say.
There will be many frogs for you to kiss,
And perhaps some balls you wish you could miss.
Sometimes midnight will seem to come too soon,
Or you'll wish you could hear a much different tune.
Just remember it's not the shoes or the gown,
But wearing a smile and never a frown.
Then when you meet him it will all be done,
Trials, you'll remember, as being quite fun.

No comments: